Our CEO Speaks: "My Intermittent Fasting & Plant Based Experience"
What up, what up?! I hope you crushed your week and having a great weekend! Since introducing intermittent fasting (IF) into my daily routine, I’ve been shocked with the results. It’s like I’ve discovered a whole new gear I never knew I had. As a matter of fact, I’ve had several friends and family even reach out to me with questions. So, this inspired me to put something together for y'all, I hope it helps!
Intermittent Fasting 101
Intermittent fasting (IF) simply means you go a period of time without eating, usually between 12 to 48 hours. This length of time is known as your fasting window, during which time you only consume liquids, such as water, herbal tea, and/or coffee. Many people are turning to IF for its health benefits. Let’s take a high-level look at why this may be...
Benefits of IF
- Sustainable fat loss
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced oxidative stress
- Improved brain health
- Increased autophagy*
- Improved immune system
I’ve personally experienced all of the above-mentioned benefits first hand. In addition, I’ve also experienced an increase in energy and sharpened mental focus throughout the day. Even as I sit here at 8pm on Day 2 of month-end closing (accounting lingo), I’m as energetic as I was this morning and mentally clicking on all cylinders. One of the most underrated benefits I’ve noticed has been improved sleep. In all fairness, I tend to be falling asleep sooner as well (to avoid cravings! lol).
*Did he say autophagy?!
Autophagy (pronounced aw-tof-a-gee) is a detox process your body undergoes to clean out damaged cells and regenerate new ones. A protein called p62 activates to induce autophagy and is the key to an improved human lifespan over time.
We’ve talked about the benefits, but does all this happen? Let’s take a time-lapse look at why…
What’s happening to my body when fasting?
- Blood sugars fall
- All food has left the stomach
- Insulin is no longer produced
- Food consumed has been burned
- Digestive system goes to sleep
- Body begins healing process
- Human Growth Hormone begins to increase
- Glucagon is relaxed to balance blood sugars
- Body has converted to using stored fat as energy
- Human Growth Hormone starts to increase dramatically
- Body starts to ramp up the fat burning
- Human Growth Hormone starts to skyrocket
- Autophagy begins
- Drains all glycogen stores
- Ketones are released into the bloodstream
- Autophagy 300% increase
- Autophagy increases 30% more
- Immune system reset and regeneration
- Increased reduction in inflammation response
- Autophagy maxes out
What’s your typical day look like? (to be continued…)